Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I pursue my fondest dreams.

I've wanted for a long time to drive a pick-up truck. And now I'm finally getting the opportunity. Because that's what I'm renting on my 17-day stay in Arizona. A red pick-up truck that belongs to a young man. With a macho image. There's a skull and crossbones decal on the rear window in the cab. My daughter lined up the vehicle for me. If she had gone to the traditional car rental places, I'd be paying nearly $1,000. But the young man in a family she knows offered to rent his truck for $250. Too good of a deal to pass up. Cost me $100 to fill up the gas tank. But it'll still prove to be a bargain. Also, it'll enhance my image. Make me seem and feel younger. Now my only unfulfilled dream is to drive a Harley Davidson. And donning a black leather jacket. Without having shaved for two or three weeks. Give me time. I'll do it some day. Think my friend Rosie, who lives in Missouri, has a husband with a Harley. Maybe he'll give me a chance if I come and visit some day. Yes, I'm a man who pursues his fondest dreams. --Jim Broede

No comments: