Thursday, March 8, 2012

In my open book.

I think of my life as an open book. No qualms about letting people see in. I venture into the world moreorless naked. I do relatively little to guard my privacy. I have no secrets. Or if I do, they aren't the kinds of secrets that would embarrass or shame me. Doesn't mean that I live a perfect life. Like everyone, I make my share of mistakes. Blunders. But I am generally open and above board. If someone asks me a question, I try to give an honest answer. Though I may choose to fool around for a while. Joke. Not take everything so seriously. Some people have difficulty determining when I'm serious, and when I'm joking. Eventually they find out. Because I tell 'em. Anyway, I like my approach to life. And to people. I try to get them to open up. To go naked, so to speak. Most of 'em don't wanna do that. Maybe they are too shy. Or maybe they have something to hide. Or they like their privacy. That's all right. But that doesn't stop me from being curious. I like to probe. To know more about people. Strangers. Aquaintances. Friends. Virtually any and every one. That's my nature. Maybe because I personally have nothing to hide. And even if I did, it should be exposed. Because I am for an open book. I make some people uneasy. Uncomfortable. Because I might write about them. Here in my blog. Because I write about my experiences. And most of the experiences are with people. People I like. And people I dislike. I speak my mind. And sometimes I rob people of their privacy. That ain't always good. But still, I try to be respectful. Especially of respectful people. But not everyone is respectful. And I might tell the world about them. In my open book. --Jim Broede

No comments: