Friday, March 9, 2012

The wise and better choice.

I am watching a guy throw a frisbee to his dog. And the dog catches the frisbee. In mid-air. About half of the time. The dog is having a good time. So is the guy. So am I. I'm being entertained in the parking lot of a campgrounds in the McDowell Regional Park. Near Phoenix. In Arizona. I'm observing life. The way it should be observed. A little while ago, I was walking along the road outside the campgrounds. And a sheriff's department squad car whizzed by. With flashing lights. Later I saw the vehicle parked in the campgrounds. A crowd gathered. And I thought about mingling. And inquiring. What's it all about? But I decided not to. Setting aside my curiosity. Instead, I sat at a picnic table. And spotted the guy and his dog. I had made the wise and better choice. --Jim Broede

No comments: