Sunday, April 15, 2012

I get on with living. Happily.

The secret for being happy with life is to savor the good things. And to ignore or write off the bad stuff. For instance, my Chicago Cubs have won only three of 10 games so far. So I've focused on the three victories. And how they came about. I rehash the games in my mind. Yes, I savor 'em. I cultivate a good feeling. As for the Cubs' seven losses, some that came about in heartbreaking fashion -- well, I try to forget 'em. No sense in mulling over something that's bad or depressing. I'm learning to not lament or grieve over a loss for more than a fleeting minute or two. Because I can't change the outcome. I might just as well let it go. Rather than become unhappy. My primary goal in life is the pursuit of happiness. It's nonsense and self-destructive for anyone to grieve and grieve over a setback in life. Better to just get on with living. Happily. --Jim Broede

No comments: