Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I need time. To Learn.

I'm a slow learner. Always have been. Takes a while for things to percolate in my mind. But I like that. Because I'm in no hurry. I don't want to speed through life. Please, give me forever. So that I can savor it all. And learn ever so slowly. I'll let other people do the hurrying. I'm learning something every day. How to live better. And wiser. I'm slow because I need time to grasp it all. The slower I get, the better I feel. Little wonder that I prefer a marathon. Over a sprint. And if I run a marathon, I'll do it at a walking pace. Slowly. Slowly. Slowly. To make it last. I want my enjoyment and exhileration to last forever. I am looking for ways to stop time. So that I can step back. Onto the sidelines. And observe it all. Gives me the time I need. To learn. --Jim Broede

No comments: