Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Only with people. Certain People.

I'm aloof. Relatively speaking. Because I often choose to shut myself off from people. To withdraw. Into my cocoon. And even when I come out, I'm able to ignore people. Because my mind is occupied with other things. Other thoughts. Makes me oblivious of others. It's not necessarily an intentional thing. It just is. But I'm trying to be less aloof. To pay more attention. Particularly to people. Which can be a good idea. Because most people can be a source of pleasure. And intrigue. Gives me opportunities. To learn about what makes them tick. Even if I'd rather not know. Because people often disappoint me. But still, that's all right. Because I'm also capable of being pleased. The thing is that I'm not disappointed in life. Only with people. Certain people. --Jim Broede

No comments: