Friday, April 13, 2012

Just go and do it.

A friend in North Carolina sent me a note. An email. The most interesting sentence that she wrote is, 'I wish you had not.' That I had not written about her personal dilemma. To get over it. To stop grieving. That's the story of life, I wrote back. Wishing. Wishing. Wishing. Rather than accepting life as it is. And making the best of it. We keep wishing what others would do. To make our lives better. When really we can make our lives better on our own. We always have the opportunity to pursue happiness. And when I say that, folks, so many of you wish I'd shut up. People all around me wish I'd shut up. And generally, I don't. I let you know what's on my mind. Like it or not. And that's what I encourage others to do. Give me pieces of their minds. Don't shut up. Do what you have to do. To truly live. Embrace life. Pursue happiness. True happiness. Don't stagnate. Yes, too many of us have a tendency to stagnate. What a shame. Because we don't have to. Because deep down, we all have an ability. To be happy. To get on with life. And believe me, I ain't gonna shut up. People are worth saving. But it's the individual that has to save himself/herself. Not god. Not me. But the likes of you. Enough wishing. Just go and do it. --Jim Broede

No comments: