Thursday, April 12, 2012

So be it.

I'm opinionated. My neighbors are learning that. Because I'm encouraging them to read my blog. I don't hesitate saying what's on my mind. I decided to write about the neighborhood when I had a run-in with my next door neighbor the other day. Wasn't a big deal. But I wanted to be sure that he understood me. And that he did something I didn't like. That's all there was to it. As far as I know, we're friends again. Meanwhile, I think it's wise that I start writing about the neighborhood. And the people. My neighbors. For the most part, I like 'em. And we get along. But there's an occasional spat. Or disagreement. Which is to be expected. Because I'm different. And very opinionated. As are some of my neighbors. My next door neighbor is a patriot. Again, that's fine. He flies the American flag every day. I'm about to fly a flag, too. In fact, two flags. The Italian flag. And the Sardinian flag. I brought them back with me from Italy. Where I spent almost half of the year living with my Italian true love. I feel sort of Italian/Sardinian. And I like the looks of their flags better than the Stars and Stripes. Of course, this may alienate some of my ultra conservative Republican neighbors. But so be it. --Jim Broede

No comments: