Thursday, April 19, 2012

Learning to accept the inmates.

I have friends and acquaintances that grossly underestimate the number of idiots and crazy people in the world. There are many, many, many. One runs into 'em virtually every day. Look around. Observe. They offend us. They are irresponsible. Absolutely loony. Make no sense at all. For example, look at politicians. Out of their minds. I tell my friends, recognize them as such. Accept 'em. They aren't gonna change. It does no good to get them help. It's a waste of time. They need psychotherapy. Treatment. But they won't get it. Because many of them need to be placed in mental institutions. But that would be far too costly. We'd have loony bins in every neighborhood. We live in a crazy world. Might as well get used to it. You ain't gonna change the world. Nor will I. I learned that long ago. Learned to accept the inmates in the world-wide asylum. Or I'd become an inmate myself. --Jim Broede

No comments: