Thursday, April 19, 2012

In losing myself, I find myself.

I'm fascinated by the notion of love. I've written often of love. My favorite subject. Yes, I keep coming back to it. Trying to understand love. And exactly what it is. Maybe it's impossible to fully define love. Like trying to define god. To grasp the impossible. Maybe god and love are one and the same. I proclaim that I am in love. With someone. With life. Maybe love is a sense of ecstacy and bliss and peace and tranquilty and serenity. All blended together. Maybe love is being truly alive. In spirit. At one with the cosmos. With all of creation. I'm focused when in love. Not on yesterday. Nor tomorrow. But on today. On the moment. I'm immersed in this thing called love. I lose myself. And odd as it may seem, I simultaneously find myself. In love. --Jim Broede

No comments: