Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I have divided loyalties.

My conservative Republican neighbors won't like it. But that's their problem. I've hoisted two flags in my yard. Flags of Sardinia and Italy. They flapped in a southerly breeze today. For everybody to see. I'm doing this as a gesture of appreciation. For my second homeland. I'm now living half of the year with my Italian true love. In Italy. On the island of Sardinia. In the Mediterranean Sea. I'm a proud citizen of the world. Not merely just an American. And if the Republicans take control of American government, I might consider living abroad year-round. Permanently. Could be that my rich Republican neighbors might even take up a collection and buy me a one-way 'good riddance' ticket. Out of town. Anyway, I have options. I'll live where I'm most happy. At the moment, in both places. Italy. And the USA. By the way, I'm not flying the Stars and Stripes. Leaving that to my next door neighbor -- a super patriot. --Jim Broede

No comments: