Thursday, May 10, 2012

I'll leave for good. My own good.

Nostalgia is nice. But hey, I don't wanna return to the 18th century. Seems to me that's what ultra conservative Republicans would have us do. Live like in the old times. When our founding fathers knew what was good for us. And it was. In the 18th century. But I have a reminder for Republicans. We're living in the 21st century. And we gotta adapt. To changing times. To new ways. This ain't the same world it was in 1787. We may even need a new Constitution. New rules to live by. Shucks, we've already made progress. Freed the slaves. And gave blacks and women human rights. Let's not write off those gains. I know that Republicans would like to retrench and take away those rights. And maybe even set up a plutocracy or a theocracy. As long as it's Christian. But hey, Republicans, that ain't gonna pass muster. But if some how you can bamboozle most of the people most of the time, and take over the USA government -- well, then I gotta give you credit. Take over. You will have won fair and square. And I'll leave America. For good. My own good. --Jim Broede

No comments: