Thursday, May 3, 2012

I'm in control.

I want life to go in certain ways. Pleasing ways for me. But I know damn well that ain't gonna always happen. Only sometimes. And when things go right, I relish and savor the occasions. Makes me happy. But I try not to be sad when things go wrong. Because usually there's nothing I can do about it. Other than to keep an upbeat and positive attitude about life, in general. I count my blessings. And try to discount the pitfalls. And try not to worry. For instance, it could become worrisome if Republicans make big political gains in the November elections. But why worry about it? Because it might not happen. Might as well stay optimistic. And if Republicans make a sweep, I'll deal with it. Really won't change my personal life in any dramatic or significant ways. Could change other people's lives. But not mine. I'll continue to focus on my many blessings. Living one day at a time. Trying to make the best of each day, each moment. Without fretting. Better to just get on with life. That's my practice. And it returns many happy dividends. More and more, I'm learning to control my destiny. But more important, I'm able to control my attitude. In positive ways. --Jim Broede

No comments: