Sunday, May 6, 2012

Life is too precious to hate.

So very much of life is either feast or famine. Extremes. Lightness and darkness. Life and death. Maybe the secret of survival is to find middle ground. Balance. Hovering somewhere inbetween. But also able to experience the extremes. On the good ends. Life is much better than death. I prefer lightness over darkness. But hey, there's something nice about dark, too. Makes it easier to sleep. Here in Minnesota the weather has been dry. Very dry. For several months. But in the past few days, we've been deluged with rain. Standing water all over the place. Pools in my yard. In which fish could survive. To tell the truth, I try to make the best of extremes. I like it very dry. When I'm out on the Arizona desert. And I like it wet, when I'm on the Mediterranean Sea. I'll take whatever I get. And make the best of it. Might as well. Sure beats wishing for something different. Because that might make me unhappy. If I don't get it. Yes, that's another extreme. Sadness and happiness. I'm in constant pursuit of happiness. And always, I find it. Eventually. Requires a little bit of patience. And lo and behold, happiness creeps up on me. Usually, in the form of love. Of course, there's also the other extreme. Hate. But I can't recall the last time I hated anything. It's been so long ago. I've discovered that life is too precious to hate. --Jim Broede

No comments: