Monday, June 25, 2012

Of being whatever I wanna be.

I don't write poetry. Or short stories. Or novels. But it feels as if I'm living a storybook existence. Full of glamour and adventure and romance. That's the way I see life. Perceive life. Grasp life. I find my own meanings. In that sense, I'm creating a story. Of my life. I'm my own poem, my own short story, my own novel. No need for me to imagine it all. Far better to make it all real. By genuinely living life. I am what I am. That gives me a sense of accomplishment. Because I keep defining myself. My character. As romantic idealist. As writer. As thinker. Searching for clues as to why I'm on Mother Earth. I reach tentative conclusions. Valid for the moment. Knowing full well that I'll turn another page tomorrow, and the day after that. For an entire lifetime. Wow! I'm living happily. In a continuous unfolding story. Of being whatever I wanna be. --Jim Broede

No comments: