Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Perfect ending to a perfect day.

Rarely do I get up before sunrise to go out for my daily exercise regimen. But today was different. Ventured out before 5 in the morning. When the first glimmer of light was in the eastern sky. Walked 5 miles. And then hopped on my bicycle for a 12-mile jaunt. And I listened to classical music. On my portable earphone radio. To Wagner's 'Dawn' and 'Siegfried's Rhine Journey.' Wow! What a way to welcome the sunrise and another wonderful day. In Valhalla. Wanted to beat the heat. Minnesota is under a heat advisory. Supposed to be flirting with 100 degrees. And high humidity. I'll make the best of it. In my role as an extremist. I like extremes. Of weather. Of almost everything. So nice to test the limits. To savor it all. The extremes. And everything inbetween. Next up. The sunset. A perfect ending to a perfect day. --Jim Broede

No comments: