Sunday, June 3, 2012

A vengeful lot.

I've toyed with the baseball gods. Duped 'em. Intentonally. By making 'em think I wanted the Chicago Cubs to lose. Knowing full well that the baseball gods hardly ever grant my wishes. Instead, they give me just the opposite of what I really want. Lo and behold, the Cubs went on their first three-game winning streak of the season. The baseball gods thought that would make me unhappy. Well, the baseball gods discovered my manipulation. Now they are making the Cubs lose. In especially heart-breaking ways. By scores of 4-3 and 2-1. Games they should have won. The baseball gods are doing that to be vengeful. Because I fooled them. Which I was able to do. Because the baseball gods are stupid. The least smart of the gods. That's why they have been relegated to oversee baseball. And not more important matters. They are much inferior to the supreme, all-knowing god. Of course, this public revelation will infuriate the baseball gods. I expect that they will soon cast a horrendous spell on the Chicago Cubs. In an attempt to make my life miserable. Like I say, the baseball gods are a vengeful lot. --Jim Broede

No comments: