Sunday, June 3, 2012

Mere zombies.

I'm constantly creating a reality. And living it. One day at a time. I wake up in the morning. Not always quite knowing what sort of reality I'll have. Because I'm able to pick and choose. Different realities. Merely by giving it some thought. And by using my imagination. I can choose to live within myself. Or I can open the door. And invite in other people. Often, it depends on my mood. If I'm adventuresome, I let in others. Because then I can't always dictate the path. Because there's give and take. Compromise. Outside influences. Of course, I always allow in my Italian true love. That's automatic. She's always a part of my reality. Even when I'm alone. It'd be wrong to shut her out. If for no other reason than she's my true love. That's the only thing that I can't shut out. Love. It's the overwhelming force of my life. Makes my pulse beat. Makes me fully alive. There have been times in my life when I wasn't aware of love. Maybe I hadn't yet been born. I'm told I was born in 1935. But that's a lie. A deception. I wasn't conscious until I loved. Before then, I was a robot. Going through the motions of living. I suspect that I am living in a world populated mostly by robots. Rather than conscious beings. I can tell. That used to scare me. But not any more. Because it makes me more aware of reality. The real world. That people have choices. And they can choose to live life without ever being consciously alive. Mere zombies. --Jim Broede

No comments: