Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Can you always tell?

Hey, I'm kidding. At least some of the time. Maybe a whole lot some days. Because it's difficult taking life too seriously. One needs a break. To see the funny side. To laugh. To poke fun. At one's self. And at others, too. Most days, I'm probably kidding half the time. Chances are that if I seem angry, I'm joking. Because I'm finding it almost impossible to be genuinely angry. It goes against my new-found nature/grain. Of being in love. With life. But still, I like to practice being angry. So I feign it. Fake it. I'm an actor on a stage. I'm fully capable of pretending anger. Just for the heck of it. Helps me understand people that are really angry. By playing the role. I've learned to poke fun at angry people. In an attempt to make 'em laugh. For them to see the futility of becoming angry. It's self-defeating. I demonstrate. By becoming a playful idiot. Consumed by anger. But I fully know that in doing all this, I'm really a genius. No, I'm not kidding. But then again, maybe I am pulling your leg. Can you always tell? --Jim Broede

No comments: