Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A state of silent confusion.

I have a particular friend who gives me the silent treatment. Mostly, I suspect, because she's annoyed. With me. Maybe even angry. Chances are, she doesn't know for sure. She's in a state of limbo when it comes to friendship. Still trying to define the meaning of friendship. She lives in North Carolina. Actually, I call it the state of confusion. Wherever she lives, it would be the state of confusion. She could even live in Timbuktu. She'd still be confused. Eternally confused. I try to make her less confused. By getting her to think in a sensible manner. So she has clarity in life. But maybe she can't accept clarity. Maybe that's what makes her confused. She becomes scared by clarity. By reality. So she dumbs herself down. Into a state of silent confusion. --Jim Broede

No comments: