Thursday, July 5, 2012

A fascinating illusion.

I try to make sense out of life. And death, too, for that matter. Life and death. Ain't such a strange combination. Sometimes I wonder if ever-lasting life might be a bit scary. God, for instance, is supposed to have existed forever. Which makes me wonder if god occasionally gets weary of it all. And wishes that he were dead. Maybe that's why god created sleep. So that he could snooze for long periods of time. In order to rest. Unconsciously. Oblivious of everything. And become rejuvenated. But then I'm told that god lives outside of time. In a timeless dimension. Which makes it difficult to grasp the concept of forever. Which, in essence, must be limitless time. I'm really baffled by the mere notion of existence. I can hardly believe that I am. That I had a beginning. And presumably, I'll have an ending. Sooner or later. But I could be wrong about that. Maybe I'll move into a timeless dimension. With god. In which case I might qualify as being an equivalent of god. I ask myself, does that make sense? I don't know. But maybe I'll have the answer if I ever meet god. Because I'll see him face to face. An honor, indeed. But then, the sighting may be an illusion. And the same could go for my present existence. All an illusion. Fascinating stuff, isn't it? --Jim Broede

No comments: