Friday, July 13, 2012

Impossible to keep a secret.

Come to think of it, maybe the typical human being lives a very limited life. Rarely seeing much beyond one's nose. Oh, he/she tunes in a newscast on TV or radio. Or glances at a newspaper. Maybe takes to the Internet. But for the most part one lives in a tiny, relatively remote part of the world. One doesn't get around. One seldom, if ever, travels abroad. Never directly acquaints one's self with other cultures. Instead, one is too busy just going about one's routine humdrum. If questioned at the end of the day, one can't recall even one significant thing. One hasn't savored a single moment. Maybe I'm all wrong about this. And I'm very typical. Because I love life. I have something to savor every day. Because I'm in love. With someone or something. Maybe everybody falls in love. But I see many, many people around me. Unhappy people. People in the doldrums. And they just don't seem happy. Maybe deep down and underneath, they are joyful and jubilant. And just hiding it all. So that they don't let other people know that they are in love with life. They're keeping it secret. But that seems so strange. I find it almost impossible to keep a secret. --Jim Broede

No comments: