Friday, July 13, 2012

Only one best friend.

Once upon a time, thought I had very few friends. Maybe only one or two or three. That everybody else was an aquaintance. Or a stranger. But I've been giving the friendship matter more thought. I really have many, many friends. So many that I can't give proper attention to 'em all. I'd be spreading myself far too thin. So I end up ignoring some friends. Because I can't get around to all of 'em. That's kind of sad, isn't it? Maybe it's easier pretending that I have only a handful of true friends. That gives me an illusion that I ain't ignoring anybody. Anyway, I'm still of the mind that I have only one true love. Can't handle more than one. Because true love requires my complete devotion. Oh, maybe I'm supposed to love all of humanity. But that's preposterous. Can't do it, no matter how hard I try. But I can love one other. Much easier to focus on one than on many. Same goes with friends. I have only one best friend. My true love. --Jim Broede

No comments: