Saturday, July 28, 2012

In search of a refreshing life.

Fellow Americans, we deserve better. A better politic. A better economy. A better social system. But we ain't gonna get it. Because we act as if we don't deserve better. Instead, we settle for idiot and corrupt politicians, greedy capitalism and a society divided into the elites and not-so-elites. But hey, I'm selfish. Like most Americans. But selfish in different ways than most of you. Because I flee the country every fall. For Italy, for the paradisical island of Sardinia in the Mediterranean Sea. To live with my Italian true love. For six months. I've decided not to limit my total allegiance to America any more. I'm a citizen of the world. Yes, I have an attitude. That I deserve something better. Better than America. And because it's impractical for me to change America, I'll go elsewhere for a while. In pursuit of my kind of love and happiness. I'm able to escape. To throw off the shackles of being an American by happenstance. I go to where I feel more free, more at ease, more happy. I'm still an American. But I'm a bit sad over what America has become. Especially in the political realm. Therefore, I need to take a break from America. In search of fresh air and fresh ways and fresh love. --Jim Broede

No comments: