Tuesday, July 10, 2012

In slightly different ways.

I have a devout Catholic neighbor. And she's trying to convert me. Which I find amusing. No reason for me to take offense. She's also a Republican. Very conservative. Ultra-conservative. She's a fan of our congresswoman, the mentally-disturbed Michelle Bachmann. I don't like Bachmann. But I like my neighbor. She's charming. Even though she thinks I'm going to hell. Because I'm a free-thinker. I have renounced any allegiance to organized religion. I used to be a Christian. But I've seen the light. My neighbor tells me I'm seeing the darkness. Personally, it's good that my neighbor is Catholic. And a true believer. She gets solace and comfort from it all. That's what we have in common. We both get solace and comfort. But in slightly different ways. --Jim Broede

No comments: