Monday, July 9, 2012

Life: A supposed adventure.

My neighbor, Julie. Haven't seen her in quite a while. She usually walks a dog. Maybe she's out when I'm in. But I doubt it. She's probably too busy. Caring for her elderly parents. They live with her. Both have dementia. Maybe she's saddled with an excessive amount of care-giving. I really should inquire. See if I can be of any help. But we humans are a strange lot. Thinking that people are entitled to privacy. We don't stick our nose in. Unless invited. But that's the lazy, uncaring way out. We really should be more concerned. More curious. More intervening. Especially when our friends and acquaintances are going through troubled times. Maybe we don't wanna know. We ignore the goings-on. Instead, we live in relative isolation. In our own little cocoons. And never venture out any more. Makes me wonder. If Julie has stopped venturing. I gotta find out. After all, life is supposed to be an adventure. Isn't it? --Jim Broede

No comments: