Tuesday, July 3, 2012

More time to truly live.

Just thinking tonight, that I've been retired for 14 years. Since I was 62. My gawd. Retirement brought about a big change in my life. Less pressure. Maybe that's when I truly started taking life one day at a time. That's the nicest thing about retirement. Being better able to do what one really wants to do. Not being committed to showing up at work on a daily basis. A new kind of freedom. So very many people don't live long enough to retire. That's a shame. And others that retire, don't know what to do with their new-found time, their new-found freedom. Work can be rewarding and fulfilling. But it obligates one in a way that restricts freedom. I have to satisfy an employer. Do sort of what's expected of me. Now I'm my own boss. And I have more time to think in meaningful ways. Enjoyable ways. More time for love. More time to create myself. More time to cultivate a loving relationship. More time to truly live. --Jim

No comments: