Sunday, July 15, 2012

The sorrow turned to joy.

I've discovered a new piece of music. Made my day. It's Henryk Gorecki's Symphony #3. Called the symphony of Sorrowful Songs. But I felt joy. Unrestrained joy. In the tranquility of it. In the soothing expression of sorrow. It was so beautiful. The sorrow turned to joy. I was mesmerized. By the slow, methodical beauty. Slow. Slow. Slow. That is my kind of beauty. It comes on slowly. Gives me time to savor. Every little bit. As if time is coming to a halt. That allows me to capture beauty. As I listened. I gasped. I proclaimed, 'My gawd, how beautiful.' Maybe it's just me. Gorecki reaches me. More than Beethoven. More than Mozart. The symphony lasts for an hour and 20 minutes. A lifetime. See if you agree with me. Listen. Experience it. On youtube. Here's how to get to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV2P35Rj61A&feature=related

No comments: