Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Sure beats the harsh vitriolic.

I'm disenchanted. With the political situation in America. Disenchanted mostly with Republicans. Though I'm not always enamored with the Democrats. Anyway, not much I can do to change the political climate. Another reason for me to spend more time in Italy. My adopted country in the autumn and winter. Politics are bad in Italy, too. Though there's some improvement. With the departure of prime minister Silvio Berlusconi. At least Berlusconi was a little bit entertaining. A buffoon. I don't find any Republican entertaining. Because they are mostly scumbags. Or at best, robots. Marching in lock-step. Or maybe it's the goosestep perfected by Nazi soldiers. Anyway, I have adapted to political reality. It stinks. But I hold my nose and get on with the rest of life. The pursuit of happiness. And a loving relationship. Yes, I have many reasons to love life. Therefore, that's my focus. And much of each day, I shove thoughts of politics aside. No TV. No radio. I prefer silence. Or the sounds of nature. Chirping birds. A howling lone wolf. My purring cat. Sure beats the harsh vitriolic of politicians. --Jim Broede

No comments: