Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Yes, I gotta admit. I'm happy.

I'm happy. Basically happy. Because I have good health. And love in my life. Helps, too, that I have social security and a pension. To help tide me over in retirement. I'm 76. And I retired at age 62. Seems like a long time ago. And I live in Italy (Sardinia) almost half of the year. With my Italian true love. The other half in Minnesota. On a lake. Only an hour's drive from the core of St. Paul and Minneapolis. Not a bad life. Considering everything. Suppose the bottom will drop out some day. I'll lose my good health. Or I'll drop dead first. Meanwhile, I'm trying to make the most/best of the time that's left. Pretty much taking life one day at a time. Trying to savor something. Daily. I've had ups and downs in life. My dear sweet wife Jeanne died in 2007. After a 13-year bout with Alzheimer's. We were married for 38 years. But I've gotten on with life. With another love. And I continue to write. Every day. In my blog. After spending much of my life as a journalist. Writing for newspapers. And I've evolved. Into a romantic idealist, a spiritual free-thinker, a political liberal, a lover, a dreamer. Not bad pursuits. Yes, I gotta admit. I'm happy. --Jim Broede

No comments: