Thursday, August 2, 2012

All I need is love.

The rest of the world is smarter than the USA. Especially when it comes to spending for defense and the military. We Americans spend pretty much more than the rest of the world combined. Add up the defense budgets of China, Russia, the United Kingdom, France, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Germany and Italy -- and it doesn't equal the USA budget. Yes, folks, our priorities are out of whack. And then we wonder why we're going broke. Yet the Republicans want to spend even more on defense. And less on our domestic programs. Doesn't seem to make sense. Yet we allow our politcal bozos to get away with it. Maybe because Americans are the most stupid people in the world. Maybe it's that we live in fear. Afraid that the rest of the world is gonna rob us of our American way of life. To tell the truth, that would suit me just fine. Because I think there's a better way. Much better. That's why I'm living in Italy half of the year. Maybe I'll make it a full year one of these days. Thing is, though, that I still haven't given up on America. I'm the eternal optimist. But if not, there's always the rest of the world. It ain't all bad. I could even salvage a reasonably decent life in hell. All I need is a little bit of love. --Jim Broede

No comments: