Thursday, August 23, 2012

Beethoven and Dylan.

For almost 50 years I've lived in Minnesota. Without ever being in the Minnesota city of Rochester. Until Tuesday. People from all over the world come to Rochester. To go to the Mayo Clinic. But it wasn't the Mayo Clinic that drew me. Instead, it was Bob Dylan, the musicmaker and his band. And it was wow! Of course, I've heard of Dylan. But never paid him much attention. Until my Italian true love introduced me to his music. It's loud. At least on stage. And mesmerizing. I fell into a hypnotic spell. Very relaxed. Almost like listening to the bombastic part of a Beethoven symphony. Beethoven would have enjoyed Dylan. Especially when he was losing his hearing. It's music played at a loud volume. I'll bet that Beethoven and Dylan also would have felt camaraderie. After all, Dylan's real name is Zimmerman. About as German as a name gets. --Jim Broede

No comments: