Saturday, August 11, 2012

Five blissful, pleasurable years.

The best pleasure is slow pleasure. Pleasure that lasts and lasts and lasts. Pleasure experienced forever, of course, would be the best pleasure. Maybe there is no such thing as unending pleasure. So the next best thing is extended pleasure. Making it last. Requiring foreplay, of sorts. Lots of it. Foreplay in every kind of pleasure. Might be in eating/dining. Or even in falling asleep. I almost always take my leisurely time having supper. Especially in preparing supper. Putting it all together. And when I sit down to eat, I eat ever so slowly. Usually takes more than an hour. Don't eat large volumes of food. But I savor. Even the tiniest portions. Did it last night. An hour to consume a relatively small plate full of food. I almost always finish last. In keeping with my goal. Much the same in falling asleep. I doze off slowly. Clinging a little bit to consciousnes. Because only when I am conscious do I fully enjoy falling asleep. By the way, I've been falling in love with my Italian true love for almost five years now. Oh, imagine that. Five blissful, pleasurable years. --Jim Broede

No comments: