Monday, August 13, 2012

Makes me feel less provincial.

My Italian true love and I have it made. In that we have two homes. Her home in Italy. And my home in Minnesota. And we can go back and forth. Any time we please. For me, it means summertime in Minnesota. And fall and winter in Italy. More precisely, on the island of Sardinia in the Mediterranean Sea. Meanwhile, she's spending part of the summer with me, in Minnesota. Five years ago, never did I dream that life would evolve in such a spectacular and romantic way. But it happened. Like in a fairy tale. For which I am thankful. For having an international flavor to my life. I'm beginning to feel as much Italian as American. I have significant connection to both countries. In fact, to Mother Earth, period. Makes me feel good, and less provincial. --Jim Broede

No comments: