Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Makes us romantic idealists.

My Italian true love and I will be celebrating the fifth anniversary of our relationship. On Oct. 25. My how time passes. When one lives life one day at a time. Rarely, if ever, getting ahead of ourselves. We savor each other. Every day. Doesn't matter whether I'm living in Minnesota. And she in Sardinia. That's the case for about half of the year, when we have a daily audio-video connection on Skype. But we are living together in the flesh, too. Sometimes in Minnesota. Sometimes in Sardinia. And we travel together. To such exotic places as Scotland and Iceland and the Italian Alps. Anyway, our relationship is an indication that the world is both big and small. There's no separation, even when we are almost half a world apart. Couldn't have lived like this 100 years ago. My gosh, I'm becoming Italianized. And she's being Americanized. An interesting blend. Makes us romantic idealists. --Jim Broede

No comments: