Thursday, September 20, 2012

Better cold-blooded or stupid?

Maybe I'm being too judgmental. But can't help it. Some people are cold-blooded. Sort of emotionless. I know 'em. Up-close. And from a distance. Maybe it's that they are wrapped up too much in themselves. And don't care enough about others. They lack empathy. Especially for people unlike them. For instance, a monetarily rich guy may have no empathy for the poor. In a cold-blooded way. I suspect that's the case with Mitt Romney. I make a comparison. With Barack Obama. He tends to have more empathy for his fellow human beings. I'd not class Obama as cold-blooded. But rather warm-hearted. In my judgment, Obama is a significantly better human being than Romney. Yes, I acknowledge that doesn't necessarily make it so. It's my perception. My judgment. I'd judging people all the time. Could be one of my shortcomings. But I find it necessary. Some people I trust. Others I don't. But still, I try to be reasonably nice to the cold-blooded. Recognizing that I may be wrong. Could be that Romney is merely downright stupid. And not cold-blooded. Makes me wonder, is it better to be cold-blooded or stupid? --Jim Broede

No comments: