Sunday, September 30, 2012

Climbing out on limbs.

Doesn't bother me to climb out on limbs. To take chances. By getting personal. Taking issue with people. Friends. Aquaintances. Strangers. Feeling people out. Mostly because I'm curious. Wasn't always that way. Thought it was right and proper to mind my own business. To ignore people. But then I became a writer. For newspapers. Interviewed strangers. For stories. That was fascinating. And so, even though I'm technically retired, and no longer gainfully employed, I'm still a writer. I write more now than when I was employed. Because I love to write. About people. About ideas. About personal stuff. Furthermore, I'm in love. With my Italian true love. And with life. Life is personal. And meaningful. To be savored. In the process, I take calculated risks. By climbing out on limbs. --Jim Broede

No comments: