Monday, October 1, 2012

To search my soul.

I could be wrong about everything. But I could be right, too. That makes life so very interesting. Trying to figure out right from wrong. And more and more, I'm concluding that in many instances, there isn't a clear-cut right and wrong. Just depends. What may be right for me may be wrong for others. So most times, I choose to plod ahead. And do what seems right. Sometimes for me. Other times, for the perceived common good. Might depend on my mood. Or on happenstance. Thoughout life, I've been brainwashed about right and wrong. By my parents. By politicians. By religious zealots. Yes, by all kinds of people. I want to be decent and fair-minded. And to do that, I've decided to follow my instincts. Rather than accept my teachers' advice in unquestioning ways. Better to think for myself. To search my soul. --Jim Broede           

No comments: