Saturday, September 1, 2012

Given time. To reach our primes.

I have friends younger than me. Maybe by as much as 20 or 30 years. And they've reached their primes. They may not know it. That they are at a great age. Not too young. Not too old. A nice age to reach their primes. Many of us us reach our prime without knowing it. But I tell them. That they are in their primes. It's a good feeling. Know it. Appreciate it. My guess is that people reach their primes at different ages. Could be that I'm in my prime now. At 76. Because I sense I'm a late, late bloomer. Took me a long time to mature. And I may not yet be mature. When I was in my 50s and 60s, I was still in my immature, idiot stage. People with short lives reach their primes early. People like the composers Schubert and Mozart. But those of us who live long lives tend to reach our primes late in life. That's why we live long. We are blessed. Given time. To reach our primes. --Jim Broede

No comments: