Sunday, September 16, 2012

Love: The essence of one's being.

Can't change the world. But I can change the way I look at life. Maybe it's best to accept the world, and to make the best of it. By falling in love. Primarily, with life. Even when things go bad. By learning from the experience. That happened when my dear wife Jeanne had a 13-year siege with Alzheimer's and up and died after 38 years of a loving marriage. Took me a while to adjust to being a care-giver. But eventually, I learned the craft. And in the process learned to truly love Jeanne. Which turned into love of life. Discovering that it's possible to fall in love again. In more meaningful ways. There's no limit to the depths of true love. Love is a priceless commodity. In that love lives/resides in the soul. It becomes the essence of one's being. --Jim Broede

No comments: