Friday, September 14, 2012

My favorite time of year.

September and October in Minnesota gives me the opportunity to savor the last days of summer-like weather. Those days may be few and far between. But when they occur, I appreciate them more than ever. We could get freezing temperatures. Even snow. So when a day is balmy and sunny, I fully savor it. Knowing full well that tomorrow may be dreadful. Relatively speaking. I have to take advantage of the moment. And not put things off until tomorrow. Maybe it's a little bit like growing old. Recognizing that one's days are numbered. There may not even be a next week or next year. But I also can take consolation on autumn's bad weather days. I remind myself that the worst day of fall won't be as bad as the worst day of winter. No. No. Come to think of it, I won't be in Minnesota this winter. I'm gonna be in Sardinia. With my Italian true love. Therefore, winter has become my best/favorite time of year. --Jim Broede

No comments: