Friday, September 21, 2012

So much to savor.

I'm trying to make sense of life. Maybe that's what it's all about. Making sense. Giving life a true meaning. That makes me content. And reasonably happy. I've learned to like life enough to have a desire, of sorts, to live forever. Of course, it's possible that ultimately I'll get tired of life. But if that's the case, I have the solution. Go to sleep for a while. Get rest. Respite. Take a break. I really don't want to surrender life. I have it. And it'd be a shame to reject life. My father did that. He committed suicide. At age 38. I've lived a little more than double that long. And so far I have absolutely no desire to take my own life. But I imagine one could become so very miserable. That death might seem like an escape. But I've discovered that even in the worst of times, there's still much to savor. --Jim Broede

No comments: