Saturday, September 22, 2012

The insincere side of Romney.

Maybe it's that Mitt Romney seems insincere. At least that's the way I take him. And maybe others do, too. That could account for his low likeability ratings in national polls. I don't trust the guy. Instinctively. Maybe it's because Romney is a Republican. More than being insincere. I don't like Republicans. Because of what they stand for. But I don't necessarily think of most Republicans as insincere. It's different with Romney. Difficult to know what he really believes. For all I know, Romney could be a closet liberal. Nothing really surprises me about Romney. I have him sized up. As a liar. Maybe even a pathological liar. Could be he's fully capable of lying to himself. Without really knowing it. Lying has become second nature to him. So that he can even fool himself. Romney would make an interesting psychological study. As to what really motivates him. Anyway, I suspect that many, many politicians are insincere. And natural born liars. Could be that liars are drawn to politics. Because politics allow them to practice the craft of lying. The ones that succeed and reach high national office have made lying an art form. The best of 'em can even mask insincerity. And come across as very sincere. But not Romney. He doesn't hide his insincerity very well. Though he'd like to. --Jim Broede

No comments: