Monday, October 29, 2012

And that's no malarkey.

I'm occupied. By one thought or another. Only then do I feel truly alive. Makes me conscious. And I feel most conscious when conjuring up an actual thought. An awareness that I exist. That I'm alive.  More than imagination. Capable of being creative. By giving my life substance. Discovering the concept of love, for instance. Used to think of love as malarkey. But that wasn't fulfilling. So I had to make the malarkey more meaningful. By taking this thing called love more seriously. Ultimately becoming a romantic idealist. Which means truly believing in love. Practicing love. On a daily basis. Anyway, I'm convinced. Persuaded. That I'm truly in love. With someone. And with life. Yes, I'm occupied. By love. It's me at my creative best. Lately, I've been thinking about how to love my enemies, so to speak. Republicans, for instance. And maybe it's that I gotta stop thinking of 'em as Republicans. But merely as stupid people. That makes it easier. I find it far easier to love an idiot, imbecile or moron than to love a Republican. And that's no malarkey. --Jim Broede

No comments: