Thursday, October 4, 2012

Do the ends justify the means?

I try to not hate anyone. But I have difficulty with that. When it comes to Republican politicians. Because many of 'em are con men and women. Including Mitt Romney. They believe that the ends justify the means. Lying and cheating are acceptable. Anything to meet their political, economic and social goals. Makes them indecent and immoral people, I suppose. And makes me judgmental. But sobeit. I try to stop short of actual hate. Because that's immoral, too. But that doesn't stop me from looking at Romney with disdain. He represents virtually everything that I abhor. Blatant dishonesty. But all this has reaped dividends for Romney. Made him the Republican nominee for president. And there's even a chance that he will be elected. Because far too many people are gullible and stupid. Or it could be that they are Republicans buying into the concept that the ends justify the means. --Jim Broede

No comments: