Thursday, November 22, 2012

A glimpse of Eden.

Take the best of Minnesota, Arizona and Florida. Blend it all together. And you have the Mediterranean island of Sardinia. My second home.  I live here about half the year. With my Italian true love.  I’m trying to get her and everyone to believe that Sardinia is Paradise.  I couldn’t have designed a better place. Full credit goes to the creator. He knew what he was doing. Lush green. Pine trees.   Rolling hills. Rocky shorelines resembling those on Lake Superior.  Cacti. Palm trees. Canyons, where Clint Eastwood made his spaghetti westerns.  Plus, no snow or freezing temperatures.  I venture into the crystal clear waters of the sea in January.  Yes, peace, contentment and tranquility. Though most Sardinians  want more. A better economy. More jobs.  But what a consolation Sardinians  have.  A priceless treasure.  A glimpse of Eden.  –Jim Broede

No comments: