Saturday, November 17, 2012

Call me Naked Jim.

I’m not embarrassed by going naked into the world.  Being me. The naked me. I have nothing to hide.  And even if I did, it doesn’t matter. Of course, I don’t want lies told about me. But I can even take the lies. Because I have a thick skin. I’ll take the truth about me.  Unconditionally. Even if it’s harsh truth. Yes, I like to face the realities of life. I’ve given considerable thought to nakedness  after reading about General Petreas. A guy that seemed incorruptible. A guy with a solid, stellar reputation. Trustworthy.  A model  modern general. Appointed 14 months ago to head the American CIA. Now his career of public service  apparently over. Why? Because he had an extramarital affair. Amazing, isn’t it? Petreas caught naked. Exposed. Because  his privacy was taken away. By the FBI.  Yes, it’s a new way of life in the modern age. Especially in America. Ever since 911 and the Patriot Act. Everybody gets investigated. For every little thing. Even General l Petreas. All it takes now is a single blemish. And poof!!! There goes a career. One mistake.  Maybe not even a mistake.  But an indiscretion. Everybody’s life is becoming an open book. But I’m not afraid. Because I live life nakedly. Nothing to hide. Call me Naked Jim.  –Jim Broede  

No comments: