Saturday, November 17, 2012

Go to the Miramare.

It’s  a promise. I’m gonna take my Italian true love for a overnight stay in Cagliari, the capitol city of Sardinia. And we’ll stay at the Miramare Hotel on Via Roma. Never been to the Miramare. But I know the manager. Met him when I was flying from Rome to Cagliari the other day. Initially, I didn’t know he spoke English. He looks very English. But he’s Italian. He mastered English. While living in London. He could easily pass for an Englishman. Merely by opening his mouth. He speaks almost perfect English English. Sat next to him on the plane. We had to kill time. The plane had mechanical problems. We sat on the runway for two hours before take-off. He was a blessing. Because I’m trying to meet English speaking Italians. All the more reason to spend a night at his hotel. To learn more about him and his Italian ways. My impression. He’s a nice and interesting and cordial guy. The kind of Italian I’d like to know.  Told him I’d give his hotel a plug. In my blog.  Which I’m doing. Sight unseen.  Though one can learn more by going to www.hotelmiramarecagliari.it  It’s gotta be a top-notch hotel. Because he’s a top-notch guy. If you end up in Cagliari some day, go to the Miramare. Tell the manager that Jim Broede recommended it. –Jim Broede

No comments: