Friday, December 14, 2012

Better late than never.

I refer to myself as an old man. Probably shouldn’t. Because I really don’t feel old. But I allow society to define me. And generally, 77 is deemed old. Depends, I suppose. I look at 90, or 100, as old. But again, age probably is in the mind of the individual living it. As long as one is still alive, that’s a plus. Especially if one is in good health. I’d rather be 77 and feeling well than be 27 and at death’s door.  The longer I live, the more I come to believe I’ve been given a fair shake at life. And if one evolves into a spirit after death – well, then dying young isn’t half as bad as it might seem. Being young isn’t necessarily all it’s cracked up to be. I’d rather be old and smart than young and stupid.  Yes, there are trade-offs in life. Anyway, the older I get, the more I’m inclined to take life one day at a time.  And live to the fullest. Too bad I didn’t discover that when I was 27. But better late than never. –Jim Broede

No comments: