Thursday, December 27, 2012

My declaration of independence.

I’m sick and tired of people telling me what not to write. Editors. Friends. Family members.  Strangers. Sometimes, it’s as if the whole world is telling me it’s inappropriate to say this or that. Well, world, you are on notice. I’ll write about anything I damn well please. No restrictions.  No limits. And I’ll write just the way I want to. My style. My way. I hereby declare that I am free. Free to speak my mind.  With the written word. I make my own rules. Even my own grammar. My own spelling. When I sit down and write, I do as I please. No taboos on subject matter.  Nothing too personal. Oh, I believe in some degree of privacy and respect. But it’s up to me to draw the line. Not others. I’ll do the choosing, the deciding. So step aside editors and friends. I’m a free man. I write as I please. –Jim Broede

No comments: